Welcome to the Counseling Center Referral Service
The UNC Wilmington Counseling Center offers the following information about mental health referral resources in the community. Here, you can find information about various off-campus providers, including both therapists and psychiatrists. Please utilize this database to find off-campus services if you want longer-term treatment, specialized services, or psychological testing; if you prefer an off-campus provider; or if you are not eligible to receive Counseling Center services. The database was designed to help match your mental health needs and preferences with viable community providers.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a UNCW student and you are at risk (e.g., considering suicide, harm to others, are at risk of physical harm/assault, etc.), you are urged to come to the Counseling Center during business hours or call the Center (910 962 3746) and follow the prompts to speak to an on-call counselor after business hours. If there is an emergency where your life or someone else's is in immediate danger, please call 911 or the UNCW Police Department at 910 962 2222.
Both UNCW students and non-students can utilize any of the following crisis resources:
- Emergency Medical Services - 911, or visit the nearest hospital emergency room
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7) - 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ for online chat
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Referral Helpline (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm ET) - 1-877-SAMHSA (726-4727)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (24/7) - 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7) - 1-800-799 SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787 3224 (TTY)
- National Eating Disorders Association Helpline (Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 9 pm EST; Friday, 9 am to 5 pm ET; excluding holidays)- 1-800-931-2237
- IMAlive - https://www.imalive.org/ for online chat
Additional local resources can be accessed through the following link:
The above resources are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by the UNCW Counseling Center.
Providers included in this data base have chosen to serve students seeking off-campus care by voluntarily including their information in our database. Please be aware that the providers are not affiliated with UNCW. Neither UNC Wilmington nor the Counseling Center guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information provided, and do not endorse any particular provider listed. You are strongly encouraged to verify the provider’s information, including fees, insurance, etc. UNC Wilmington Counseling Center does not supervise any of the individuals or agencies included in this database and bears no responsibility for services provided by these resources.
If you have any feedback about a provider in our database, please feel free to contact the Counseling Center at 910-962-3746 and ask to speak to the Clinical Resource Coordinator about your treatment experience.
Please note that the choices presented include only what the providers have chosen to disclose about their gender and racial/ethnic identities. It is not our intention to exclude any particular group(s).